Wednesday, August 20, 2008

UB $500 Bonus Dollar Tourney

Well, even though it wasn't a tourney for real money, I still did very well in this one. I placed 10th out of about 2800. That gave my Bonus Dollar account a boost of $10. And that can be turned into real money later!

This tourney was grueling for me though. My cards weren't cold, but they were luke warm at best. I think my best hand was QQ throughout the whole 3.5 hours. I did use something today that I've been spending a lot of time on learning here recently. EV value. I was in a hand on the BB with T5 diamonds and UTG raised to all in (about 2800 chips) right of the bat. I thought about folding as soon as I heard the chips fall, but one player in MP called with around 1200, and then the small blind called. I had about 18k in chips and SB had around 9k. I seen that the pot was big so I took a stab at it with my suits. The flop came out with only one diamond and no pr for my hand. I thought I was in trouble til SB checks it to me. I checked. The turn come another diamond and SB checks it again. Well, I know that I played the EV all wrong, but I was pot committed and made a pot sized bet. This would've put SB almost all in and he folded. Luckily, for me, the river came a diamond and I caught a really nice pot and evicted two players from the game.

I still need some more learning on EV, but now I understand why some players will call with junk in their hand. I can't wait for the CC freeroll at Bodog tonight. Hoping to see a final table for the second time today!

No comments: