Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well, since my last post I've pretty much went broke. I've also taken a break from poker up until now also. I've played in some of the CC freerolls but have not deposited anywhere. I think I just lost my heart for the game due to the bad swings I was taking. My last downswing, which wiped everything out, was on Full Tilt.

I had won a little contest on Cardschat where someone had put a $5 prize on whoever could come up with the best conspiracy story as to why the passwords were being put on so late. Out of two total entries I took the elusive first spot and won a $5 bankroll starter. Within 3 days I had the $5 up to over $30 and was feeling quite good about my play. By the end of the week I had it up to over $70 and decided to give the initial $5 back to the person who had given it to me. I felt I had a pretty good handle on things and wanted him to give someone else a chance to do what I did (he did btw).

After that, it all fell apart. I hit cooler after cooler. AA stood up to nothing as did KK and QQ. Flopped flushes were beat by boats, boats by quads. Within two days $65 had been wiped clean and was sitting in other accounts that I had no access too. But that's okay. I'm just glad I gave the $5 back when I did.

So after all that I took a full break. I was rarely even on CC. But I'm about to come back and after Christmas, if I haven't won some off of a CC freeroll, I will probably deposit somewhere and start over. This time I think I will do so without the complacency that I had been playing before!

No comments: